Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Freeway the Dog

This is Freeway. On March 7, 2008, Craig and Tara and her friend, Kayla, were traveling to Cedar City for Senior Day at SUU. At about mile marker 4 in AZ, (that's between Mesquite and St. George) they saw a small animal on the side of the road and realized it was a puppy. They hurried and turned around and went back to get him. Apparently he had been abandoned in the desert, because there is nothing around for miles. I got a text on my phone that said, "Um, we just found a puppy and his new name is Freeway." Naturally I responded with, "What?!?" They took him into Cedar City and Craig found a vet to check him out. Other than being dehydrated, he was in good shape. Craig asked me what he should do with him and I said, "I guess you better bring him home." So, they brought him home and we have a Chihuahua named Freeway. He's a good puppy and we're glad to have him. Looking at this picture I can tell that he's grown since March. His ear was still floppy then, but now it's straight. We think he's about 6 or 7 months old now. Poor Freeway--saved from an untimely death and brought to live with 3 brothers!

2 comments:

Rebecca Hunt said...

Freeway the Dog!!! Yeah, he totally has grown.

angie said...

freeway is the coolest dog name i have ever heard!!!!!